There are two ways to create a new Folder, you can create one from the Folder Section in Document Control or on the Fly while editing a Document.
Creating a new Folder or Sub-folder in the Folder Section
- Go to Document Control > Folders
- Click on the + icon.
Fill out the details in the Folder Details Form:
- Give the Folder a Title.
- If the new Folder is a Sub-folder, then select the Parent folder from the drop-down menu. If not leave it with the default Root Folder setting.
- To save time, instead of creating each Sub-folder separately, you can give the new Folder the same substructure as you have given another existing Folder. The way to do this is to turn the Copy subfolder structure switch ON, a panel with the existing Folders will then appear to the right. Select the Folder with the substructure you wish to copy. If you don't want to copy any substructure just leave the switch OFF.
The system will then confirm that the New folder was created successfully. Click on OK and the window will close.
Create a new Folder / Sub-folder on the fly when editing a Document
You can easily create a new Folder or Sub-folder on the fly when creating or editing a Document.
- In the Document Details Form, go to the Select Folder field.
- Just below the field click on the Add New Folder button.
The Folder Details Form will open, follow the steps mentioned above in Fill out the details in the Folder Details Form. Once you save you will return to the Document Details Form.