When creating a New User it is important to keep in mind that how the User is configured will determine the users permissions as well as what he/she has access to: Modules and all system items in general (Documents, Trainings, Events, Change Requests, CAPAs, etc.)
Creating a New User:
- Go to Manage > Users
- Click on the + New button.
- In User Details include all the system mandatory fields as well as any other field required in your organization.
- In Permissions you will be able to indicate:
- User Status: Active / Deactivated.
- Permission Role: the role you set for the User will determine the Users permissions in the system. It is important to give the User exactly the permissions he/she will need to carry out the functions he/she will be responsible for in QualityKick.
- Allow to be QA person. Only Administrators, Managers and Read Only Users can be configured as QA.
- Defining User Functions are essential if you are working with the Trainings Module. Trainings are assigned to users by a combination of Group as well as User Function. If the correct Users Functions are not assigned to the User, then he/she will not be assigned the corresponding Trainings. If needed, you can create a new User Function in the Trainings Module and then add it later to the user profile.
- Group(s) to the User, bear in mind that Groups are a way of limiting access to items. Only users belonging to the Group(s) to which an item has been assigned will have access to it. Only assign the new User to Group(s) of which you are sure he/she should have access to the created items assigned to that Group (Documents, Events, CAPAs, Change Requests, etc).
- Access details email: indicate if the New User credentials should be sent directly to the New User or to yourself. When the user receives the email with the credentials and accesses QualityKick for the first time, he/she will be asked to create a new password.
- In Modules Permissions you should activate only the Modules to which you want that particular User to have access. It is up to you to determine if all users should have access to all the Modules that have been activated for your Company.
- Click on Save button and the User Created Successfully message will appear.