Before you start adding Equipment to the system you must first configure Equipment Types.
Every Equipment that you create will have to be based on an Equipment Type.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Equipment > Equipment Type.
2. Click on the + New button.
The Equipment Type Details Form will open. Only a few of the fields are mandatory, most are optional.
All the fields that are introduced in this Equipment Type will automatically be populated in the new Equipment that is created based on this Equipment Type.
Make sure to fill out all the fields that are to be standard in the Equipment which are created based on this Equipment Type.
3. Fill out the mandatory fields
- Assign the Equipment Type to one or more Groups.
- Give the Equipment Type a Title such as for example Scale.
- Set an Equipment Prefix, following the example title above this could be SCA-. The Prefix will be used when automatically generating the Equipment ID.
4. Fill out the optional fields you wish to include.
The following options can be modified when creating the Equipment.
- Select Manufacturer. These can be configured in Manage > Clients / Vendors / Contacts.
- Select Supplier(s). These can be also be configured in Manage > Clients / Vendors / Contacts.
- Select Documents, the documents shown in the field will be those available in Document Control. You can search by Document ID or Document Name. This can be relevant for example when you want to link a manual, procedure, or work instruction to Equipment Types
- Select Tag(s) from the list or create a new one on the fly.
- Select QA: if the QA who signs of on this Type of Equipment is usually the same User then it can be an advantage to preconfigure this already in Equipment Type.